Pages

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Holy Happy New Year Batman! Here I am in Illinois packing Mom up for her big move Thursday. It's a bit overwhelming since I am someone who lives in New York with the basics and Mom has tons of things I want to purge like a makeover show. I'm glad I can be here for her though. Being back in the midwest is like a much needed spiritual medication. My friend Amber is back here too for this week, and last night we discussed how we feel like we are on a hamster wheel in New York: vying, running, pushing to get ahead, wherever that is, and when you get back here, you can breathe again. The fast pace of New York and Los Angeles, and all the cities where people are trying to 'make it' is not real life, real life is here in the smaller lands of the US. THIS is where people have their priorities straight and man do you lose it in New York. I suddenly realized how rude I was talking on my cell phone in a restaurant here. Oy! Thursday I was in Boston, Friday I was in New York and Friday afternoon I was here in Illinois. Wowsa, my life sometimes. This New Year I resolve to really try and trust God and trust my decisions and trust trust trust that I am being led where I need to be. Quotes for now:

"Spend time with people who appreciate you. And show it with their words and actions"

"Self love, my liege is not so vile a sin as self neglecting."- Shakespeare

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome."-Booker T. Washington



"

No comments: