Pages

Monday, August 30, 2004

The Republican convention is in full swing here. Sunday, as I was going to my show at 44th and 9th, there were helicopters and police men everywhere. I said to a fellow cast member, 'What a price to pay to be an actor Off-Broadway. Ha! I have learned the fine art of discretion lately. Wheels are turning. Two recent books I've read; YOUR LIFE IS WAITING and HOW TO SELL YOURSELF AS AN ACTOR. One speaks of 'feeling' your dreams into reality, the other, the reality of the acting business. Practicality and diligence and action begets daydreaming your acting career will take off. I continue to mail headshots and call and network and scrape. For now it is good. Saw my friend Erin in INFERTILITY THE MUSICAL at the NY Fringe Sat. She was beautimous,and the show was very clever and polished. Saw someone slapping their two year old on the subway. That goes under the hate part of my love/hate relationship with the city. More later...

No comments: