Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Well I've been back in New York for about three weeks now. Jeez being gone 6 months is a lot. Work is work.

Its been difficult keeping my good manners I gained back in Iowa. It doesnt work quite as readily, because of the hustle and bustle of the city, a smile gets you more distrust than an introduction. But those people are there here in NY, like rare gems found on the riverfront. Working for Estee Lauder, which is a company I have been wanting to get into. Also something that has its element of stifling next to it. I also worked a promotional event with a company I've worked for Eventage Events, and I am slowly starting to audition again. Auditioning, after not doing it for six months, is also something you must re acclumate to. My first audition crashed and burn, I sang off key and in general was just not connected. Second was good so Eh thats ok, like I said just need to reacclumate. I have been called back for two things, a fringe show called TRAVIS TANNER and a film called THE REUNION.

THE most amazing news is I now have a commercial agent on top of my legit one. Its a really good one, Talentworks and I am thrilled as on-camera is what I am more interested in at this point. Can't wait to see what develops from that.

Peace and love to those victims of the London bombings...

I read this quote and loved it

"First I was dying to finish high school and start college.
And then I was dying to finish college and start working.
And then I was dying to marry and have children.
And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough for school so I could return to work.
And then I was dying to retire.
And now, I am dying..and suddenly I realize I forgot to live."-ANONYMOUS

No comments: