Pages

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Yesterday, the subways were flooded from rainfall and had huge delays. It was the worse I've seen since I've been in NY, I was two hours late to work. Oy, New Yorkers. People were pushing and shoving into the crammed cars. SO irritating. At the time however, I was reading Joan Gibsons book LIVING IN PERSPECTIVE. Which lead to these thoughts:

When we look back over our lives we frequently find that events which had seemed disasters at the time have turned out to be blessings in disguise. Left to ourselves, we would have made ill-advised choices, but circumstances have forced us to change direction.

I know my life has had my own percieved 'disasters'. However, from those have come an unwavering strength in my spirit, replacing my youthful naive dreams about life and success with emotional maturity and growth.Success will come in it's time. However, it may be in an entirely different form from our original conception of it.

What else? OH, I've discovered I have a hair-hang up. I tie my self worth to how good my haircut is. If I don't like the way it looks, I feel unattractive and pick at it obsessively. Ha! My name is Thadd and I am a hair-aholic. :)I am working on this...perhaps I should just buzz cut-it and be done with it.

This week thank you: Mom, BankOne, Starbucks, Spencer, Amber, high speed internet and cute doggies on the street givin me lovin' :)


For all the heartaches and the tears,
for gloomy days and fruitless years,
I do give thanks for now I know
These were the things that helped me grow.
Anon.

No comments: